Gotta let it show. The LGBT Co-op set up a rainbow-colored closet door on Cross Campus on Tuesday to celebrate National Coming Out Day, and encouraged passersby to step out of the closet.

What are we fighting for? A group of Yalies created a Facebook event Monday night called “Occupy Occupy New Haven.” The page describes the event as a resistance to the Occupy protests that have been sweeping the nation in recent weeks; the page’s wall has seen a vibrant debate over the past day, with some posts receiving as many as 100 likes. The Occupy Occupy New Haven protest will begin Saturday at 1 p.m. on the New Haven Green, alongside the original Occupy protest.

Ooh, burn! A number of graffittied advertisements for the Little Salad Shop were found in Morse Tuesday afternoon. The ads featured a pin-up style image of a woman in a bikini, with the following message scribbled alongside her: “Can I get my salad with the sexism on the side?”

Apply to spend our money. Applications are now open to join the Yale College Council 10K committee, a group that decides how to spend $10,000 of the YCC’s budget. In the past this committee has spent the money on a DVD library, summer storage and something called “Hydration Stations.”

From Fenway to Wrigley? Theo Epstein ’95 is “on the cusp” of leaving his post as general manager of the Boston Red Sox and heading to the Chicago Cubs, the Boston Herald reported Tuesday night. Epstein made history in 2002, when he was appointed the Sox’ general manager at the age of 28, making him the youngest general manager in Major League Baseball history.

The big time. Stiles Master Stephen Pitti will participate in a White House forum today on American Latino heritage. Pitti will serve as historian in a breakout session.

The Board of Aldermen’s Legislative Committee held a hearing Tuesday night to discuss proposed changes to the city’s Equal Opportunity Ordinances to include language prohibiting discrimination based on gender identification or expression. After an hour of testimony, the Committee voted unanimously to pass the ordinance onto the full Board of Aldermen, one of two steps before the bill becomes law.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1963 The Yale Corporation elects Kingman Brewster University president in a 13–2 vote. Brewster, a former chairman of the News, had been performing the functions of president since the death of A. Whitney Griswold on April 19, 1963.

THE YALE DAILY NEWS