Yale’s Office of Public Affairs and Communications and the Yale University Library announced in a Tuesday press release that all Yale alumni will gain free access to all JSTOR collections licensed by Yale.

More than 130,000 alumni worldwide can now access a “treasure trove” of online resources thanks to collaboration between the Yale University Library, alumni association and JSTOR, a nonprofit service and a trusted digital archive of academic journals and primary sources, the release stated.

“It’s exciting to think that recent graduates who used JSTOR during school will continue to have access, as will older alumni,” JSTOR managing director Laura Brown said in a press release from the Office of Public Affairs and Communications and the Yale University Library.

JSTOR, the abbreviated form of “journal storage”, is a nonprofit service and trusted digital archive of over 1,000 academic journals and 1 million primary sources. This new alumni service was made possible by the launch of JSTOR’s Alumni Access Pilot.

“Yale itself has been at the forefront of expanding digital access through online courses and making digital assets from our libraries and museums available freely to the public,” said Linda Koch Lorimer, vice president and secretary of Yale, in the release. “We are delighted to be one of the first universities to join this pilot program.”

President Levin previously served on the JSTOR editorial board and was an early advocate of alumni access, Lorimer added.

JSTOR made headlines this summer when Aaron Swartz, a co-founder of Reddit, was indicted for stealing 4.8 million volumes from JSTOR by breaking into the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s computer network. Swartz was released on $100,000 bail, and JSTOR has said they will not pursue a civil case against him.