Across the nation October is known as National Arts & Humanities Month, National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender History Month and National Cyber Security Awareness Month, but on Yale’s Greek Row, it may become the month of the Little Salad Shop.

For the whole of October, members of fraternities and sororities at Yale will receive a $1 discount each time they identify their Greek association when they visit the Little Salad Shop. The fraternity or sorority who visits the shop the most will win a fully catered meal for their next chapter meeting, and a set of all-stars who show themselves especially adept at getting their salad on will receive Little Salad Shop gear.

“We love Greek life at Yale and want us all to get our salad on. And to be fit and sexy,” wrote Jerry Choinski ’12 who founded the shop with Etkin Tekin ’12, his brother in Sigma Alpha Epsilon, and Tiffany Ho ‘12, a sister in Pi Beta Phi. Besides the founders, sixty percent of the Little Salad Shop’s employees are also Greek.

Five days into the event, Tekin said the event had certainly helped increase awareness of the shop among Yale’s fraternities and sororities.

According to Tekin, the sisters of Kappa Alpha Theta are currently winning the competition, but the shop will wait for a week to pass before they post the exact standings, which will be displayed on a league table in the restaurant’s cozy, two-table High Street home.

Choinski said that the All-Star roster won’t be named until the end of the month but that those elected to the group will be rewarded with Little Salad Shop t-shirt along with a tote bag or hat.

But the minds behind TLSS are not elitis. All those GDIs/normies/non-Greeks out there shouldn’t fret, for they, too, will be able to get a discounted salad on soon.

“Because Jerry and I are members of SAE and have enjoyed the Greek community at Yale, we wanted to start by giving back to the community that’s given us so much,” Tekin wrote in his e-mail. “But we plan on holding promotions for other groups on campus as well as the New Haven community in the coming months.”

At the end of the month, there will be an all-Greek party at SAE with smoothies from the Little Salad Shop, Tekin said, but he noted that despite some rumors, the smoothies will not be alcoholic.

For the latest updates on LettuceFest, follow @LittleSaladShop on Twitter.