The Yale field hockey team (1–3) will play its first conference game of the season this weekend, when it faces Harvard (2–1) on Saturday, followed by a match on Sunday against Sacred Heart (2–4).

The Bulldogs are eager for a fresh start to the season against one of their greatest foes, forward Mia Rosati ’12 said. She added that it is the team’s goal to win the Ivy League championship, and a win against Harvard would be an important first step, as the Ivy League champion is determined by the team’s total number of conference wins.

Rosati, who scored against Hofstra last weekend, said the team has been working on fundamentals in order to prepare for the weekend.

“We’re making sure we do what we need to do to get it done,” Rosati said. “That’s sort of what we’ve been lacking — finishing in the circle and keeping our lead.”

Last weekend, the Bulldogs went 1–1, suffering a loss against Albany in overtime after blowing a 3–1 lead with 12 minutes remaining in the game.

Harvard is 2–1 for the season and coming off a 0–3 loss against Massachusetts last weekend.

Forward and midfielder Mary Beth Barham ’13 said that the Bulldogs have been preparing to face a Harvard offense that is especially good at drag flicking, or launching the ball on corners into the net. But she added that Yale is determined to play its own game.

“It’s more about playing our game than adjusting for their game at this point,” Barham said.

Sacred Heart is 2–4 on the season. Taylor Sankovich ’12 said she expects the Pioneers to be good competition. Last Sunday they won a game against the Holy Cross Crusaders, 5-4. Sarah Bergman and Kate Boyd lead the Sacred Heart in goals with three each.

Rosati said that Yale has traditionally beaten both teams, but the Bulldogs are not taking that success for granted. Since Harvard is the first conference game for the Elis, Rosati said they are eager prove themselves.

Yale will play Harvard at 1 p.m. on Saturday followed by a Sunday match against Sacred Heart at 2 p.m.