It’s Labor Day, but undergraduates still have to go to class. In 2009, John Meeske, associate dean for student organizations & physical resources, told the News: “Most years we start classes after Labor Day but when it falls so late, there really is no alternative.”

Showers, clouds and possibly T-storms are in the forecast until Thursday.

“DKE” made an appearance at the extracurricular bazaar Sunday. Pranksters handed out flyers advertising “Doing Kindness Everywhere,” billed as: “a group of diverse Yale students who enjoy bringing light and joy to the world around us :-).”

Despite a widespread rumor that a stabbing occurred at Toad’s Saturday night, a New Haven police officer stationed outside the club and an employee told the News that no such crime occurred.

The Branford and Saybrook dining halls were closed for dinner Sunday because of a power outage that occurred that afternoon. Branford students were told to eat at “another (lesser College).”

The first phase of Yale College Council’s new website will launch Thursday. When the rest of the site goes up later this month, it will centralize all of the YCC’s apps, such as Bluebook by YCC.

In other YCC news, the race is on for the Yale College Council residential college representatives. Additionally, positions for two Freshmen Class Council representatives, two Sophomore Class Council Representatives and one Junior Class Council representative per college are open. Elections are Thursday and Friday.

But another race is also happening. The Stratton Faxon New Haven Road Race is today. A 9/11 remembrance is scheduled for 8:30 a.m.

After winning a $100,000 prize earlier this summer, Morse juniors Elizabeth Asai, Nick Demas and Elliot Swart won third place this weekend in the Wyss Award for Translational Research for their camera that facilitates at-home melanoma detection, Engineering School Deputy Dean Vincent Wilczynski said in an email to the News.

The Yale College Democrats registered 116 Yalies to vote in Connecticut during a registration drive Saturday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

2001 Mayor John DeStefano Jr. faces off with state Senator Martin Looney in a radio debate, the last joint appearance before the following week’s Democratic primary for mayor.

YALE DAILY NEWS