Almost there. Although most classes wound down at the end of this week, Friday classes will meet on Monday because of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

Speaking of endings, the fourth annual “Last Day of Classes Jack Hitt Pig Roast” begins today at 1 p.m. at the Yale Farm, according to the Yale Sustainable Food Project website. Cornbread, beans, slaw and sweet, succulent pig are slated for the menu.

After “Friday” rapper Patrice “Pato” Wilson backed out of the Spring Fling afterparty, the Spring Fling committee booked DJ Earworm to take his place. He is best known for his “United State of Pop” mashups, which mixes hit pop songs from a given year.

Rawr. “Tiger mother” and Yale Law School professor Amy Chua is on the 2011 Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world. “She hit us where it hurts, questioning our parenting, our kids’ educational achievement and our nation’s ability to compete globally in today’s world,” Chua’s Time profile read.

Meet Yale’s newest prodigy. Bloomberg News profiled Yale-bound chess grandmaster Robert Hess, who is in the semifinals of the 2011 U.S. Championship. Hess took a gap year to play chess before deciding to matriculate at Yale.

Need to relax? Silliman Master Judith Krauss emailed Sillimanders to inform them that she has hired a massage therapist to give 10-minute chair massages for three hours a day during three days next week. Within about two hours, all slots were full.

University President Richard Levin and Yale College Dean Mary Miller announced Thursday that Davenport Master Richard Schottenfeld has been reappointed for another five-year term starting July 1.

Not quite the same. Yale School of Medicine students riffed on the Lonely Island’s “I Just Had Sex” in a video for their Second Look Weekend (a med school Bulldog Days). Instead of “I Just Had Sex,” they croon “I Just Got In.”

Kappa Alpha Theta sorority’s annual charity block party — set to take place Monday — has been postponed until the fall, according to a Facebook message to event attendees. “The City of New Haven has been uncooperative about granting us a permit this year due to various bureaucratic issues,” the message read.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1919 At a University Corporation meeting, undergraduate tuition is raised to $240. Scientific School students see their dues go up $40 and College students $80.

YALE DAILY NEWS