After three straight losses, the women’s lacrosse team (2–10, 0–5 Ivy) will have a chance to bounce back at home this Saturday against Cornell (4–7, 2–4).

The Bulldogs’ game against the Big Red will be their last home conference matchup this season. The Big Red head into Saturday’s game with a 14–7 win against Brown (6–7, 1–4). Meanwhile, the Bulldogs are coming off of their third straight loss and first-ever loss against Columbia last weekend.

Though the team was disappointed about that loss, the Bulldogs say they are trying to look forward.

“As with any opponent we face this year, our destiny is in our own hands,” midfielder Logan Greer ’11 said. “If we can put a coherent game together and score on attack, we should be successful.”

The team struggled on offense against Columbia. While the Bulldogs had 20 shots on goal to the Lions’ 24, they were only able to net three. Because of that low offensive output, Greer said this week, the team has focused on fundamentals and correcting mistakes. They also have been trying new players in new positions, she said.

Though Yale holds a 19-13 all-time record against Cornell, the Bulldogs lost to the Big Red last season, 12–5. Midfielder Devon Rhodes ’13 and attacker Caroline Crow ’12 lead the Bulldogs’ attack with 15 and 12 goals respectively. Crow missed last week’s game against the Lions due to a concussion and will be out this week as well.

On the Cornell side junior attacker Jessi Steinberg leads the team with 30 goals. Senior captain Libby Johnson is second with 18 goals and needs just two points to join Cornell’s top-ten career scoring list. She currently has 128 career points.

The game takes on the Big Red at 1 p.m. at Reese Stadium.