“Join us.” Celebrity professors, like retired four-star Gen. Stanley McChrystal and Harold Bloom GRD ’56, and administrators asked prefrosh to “join us” in a video produced for Bulldog Days screened last Wednesday and posted to YouTube on Thursday. “Every resource is here, every opportunity is here, to transform your life possibilities,” Dean of Undergraduate Admissions Jeffrey Brenzel said in the video. “We’re excited to see what you make of them, and what you make of yourself.”

Yale (and other places in Connecticut) made an appearance on NBC’s “30 Rock” Thursday night. In the episode, a Yale banner appears in the background of a horror film actress Jenna Maroney (Jane Krakowski) is shooting. Characters in the show must make the film portray Connecticut in a positive light so that the production will get a tax break. In one scene Jenna yells, “Please, don’t kill me, I still haven’t tried the famous seafood pizza at Sally’s in New Haven.”

Passing it on. Yale Relay for Life, which culminated this weekend, raised $75,000. For the event, students stayed up all night Friday through Saturday morning taking laps in Payne Whitney Gymnasium’s Lanman Center.

Poker face. Vanessa Selbst ’05 LAW ’12 won first place at PokerStars.net North American Poker Tour at Mohegan Sun Wednesday. Her earnings totaled $450,000. Selbst garnered $1,648,470 at the Partouche Poker Tour Main Event in November.

Sophomores did juniors’ bidding as part of junior society tap night Sunday evening. Among the night’s spectacles was a sophomore dressed as “Baywatch” star Pamela Anderson “saving” people on Old Campus.

“Bunnies.” Saturday’s John Davenport Day will feature a petting zoo, according to an email from the Davenport Student Activities Committee.

Identity theft. The Yale College Council posed as “Mark Zuckerberg (Marky Z)” to advertise their App Challenge Sunday at 7 p.m. “I made the terrible mistake of attending Harvard, but after I got past the horrible town, weather, undergraduate population, etc., I made a sweet website called facemash and I got in a lot of trouble for it,” “Zuckerberg” wrote. Roammeo won the competition.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1940 A Yale junior, Ernest M. Daniels ’41, is “severely injured” and a polo groom, John P. Dwyer, is killed when the car Daniels is driving swerves “out of control” on Whitney Avenue heading toward Cheshire.

YALE DAILY NEWS