The complete lineup for Spring Fling this year is electronic band Big Gigantic, Third Eye Blind, Lupe Fiasco and Designer Drugs, the Yale College Council announced today.

The YCC has also organized a Spring Fling afterparty for the first time. The party will be held at Toad’s right after the concert and feature a guest appearance by Patrice Wilson, the rapper from the Rebecca Black music video “Friday,” said James Campbell ’13, president of the Spring Fling committee.

While Lupe Fiasco listed an upcoming show at Yale on his website back in February, and booking agencies for Third Eye Blind and Designer Drugs confirmed those groups’ upcoming appearances last week, Big Gigantic was kept secret until this afternoon.

Big Gigantic is an electronic duo from Colorado that combines jazz with dance beats, whose music two Spring Fling committee members characterized as “electronic jazz” and “indie funk.”

The band, which is known for its dynamic live performances, will be the show’s opener, organizers said.

“They’re a very high-energy act,” said Thomas Meyer ’13, vice chair of sponsorships for Spring Fling. “They are very instrumental but they also have electronic influences. And they’re constantly referencing big songs everyone knows, so they’re very accessible.”

Campbell described Big Gigantic as an “up and coming” act that the committee felt “would blow people away.” He compared the band to Matt & Kim, a dance punk duo that was well-received at last year’s concert despite being unfamiliar to many students.

Big Gigantic will be followed by 90s throwback rock band Third Eye Blind, and then rapper Lupe Fiasco. A second electronic duo, Designer Drugs, will end the show.

Though Lupe is the most well known of the performers and the concert’s headliner, Spring Fling committee members said they wanted a DJ group for the last act.

“We were looking for someone to close the show who would be exciting, who would present something novel in the DJ genre,” Campbell said, referencing the success of mash-up artist Girl Talk as the last performer at Spring Fling in 2009. “We weren’t just looking for a normal DJ, but for someone who has their own style, their own flair.”

Designer Drugs is an electronic DJ/production duo from New York that plays both remixes and original music. It released its debut album, “Hardcore/Softcore,” in February.

“They’re just two guys from Brooklyn who play with this particular sound inherited from the 80s, that is like gothic, but it’s just dance music,” said Simon Chaffetz ’12, vice president of operations for Spring Fling. “Even though on the surface it sounds like it’s supposed to be hardcore, it’s actually pretty accessible.”

Chaffetz added that Designer Drugs often remixes popular songs, which he hopes they will do as part of their live set at Spring Fling.

While Spring Fling committee members said they were satisfied with the lineup, this year’s concert did not come together smoothly. The committee booked two major acts that later canceled, leaving organizers scrambling to find and reach a consensus on new performers, YCC Events Director Michael Chao ’11 said.

Instead of Lupe, the committee had originally booked rapper B.o.B., whose songs “Nothin’ on You,” “Airplanes” and “Magic” have all been top-ten hits on the Billboard Hot 100.

But after confirming with the committee on October 22 that he would appear at Spring Fling, B.o.B canceled on December 4, citing a need to be in the studio recording an album, Chao said.

The committee then booked Lupe in December, and that same month got Major Lazer to get on board as an energetic DJ act to end the show. But the very day that the committee returned a fully signed contract to Major Lazer, on January 19, Major Lazer canceled too, Chao said.

It turned out that the manager for Major Lazer had booked them for shows in Europe and the United States in the same week. Tickets for the European shows had already gone on sale and therefore they couldn’t perform at Yale, a booking agent for the group told Chao in an email.

“This year is the first time in my four years doing [Spring Fling] that we’ve had anyone cancel, and it happened twice,” Chao said.

The committee ultimately decided only to book one headliner — Lupe — and booked Third Eye Blind, Big Gigantic, and Designer Drugs in February and March, Chao said.

Because the committee saved around $4000 on contracts for sound and lighting equipment and raised another few thousand dollars from corporate sponsors, it decided to hold an afterparty at Toad’s, Campbell said. The afterparty will be free for Yale students and is officially sponsored by Jack Wills.

The YCC is also making environmental efforts for the concert: Spring Fling will be water bottle-free, and all cups, plates and utensils for food service will be compostable, Campbell said.

Spring Fling will take place on Old Campus on April 26. Student bands will play before the first act, and the show will end by 11 pm. The afterparty will start at the end of the concert and will last until 1 am.