Bulldog Days is this week, which means there will be plenty of events and Master’s Teas on campus. Although they may be meant to entice Yale’s Class of 2015, we can still enjoy them as a reminder of why we chose Yale in the first place.

Communism and animals? This Master’s Tea is not about “Animal Farm.” Instead it’s a “A Conversation with an East European Zoo Keeper” with Slavenka Drakulic. Drakulic is a Croatian writer and the author of “How We Survived Communism & Even Laughed and A Guided Tour Through the Museum of Communism: Fables from a Mouse, a Parrot, a Bear, a Cat, a Mole, a Pig, a Dog, and a Raven.” Check out this Master’s Tea at Davenport on Tuesday at 4 p.m.

The following day at the same time and same place, join a conversation with John Emhoolah a Kiowa Elder, Indian Educator, and Founder of the Denver March Pow Wow. Emhoolah is the Kinney/Tesoro Visiting Fellow for the History and Culture of the American West. There will also be a special appearance at the Master’s Tea by Kenny Merrick, Jr. of the Mystic River Drum. This event is cosponsored by The Howard R. Lamar Center for the Study of Frontiers and Borders at Yale.

Head over to Branford Thursday at 4 p.m. to hear Carleton University Professor Waller Newell, an expert on political science, philosophy, and the history of political philosophy, speak on “Education and Imitation: Images of the Soul in Plato.” Dr. Newell received his Ph.D in political science at Yale and is the author of “The Soul of a Leader,” “The Code of Man,” “Ruling Passion” and “Bankrupt Education.”