In this regular feature we take a look at what’s going on at other schools in the Ivy League.

Harvard University

Twenty-four members of the Harvard Class of 2012 received email messages Thursday morning notifying them of their acceptance into the Harvard chapter of the Phi Beta Kappa society, one of the nation’s oldest academic honor societies. Known as the “Junior 24,” these students were selected based on their grade point averages and recommendations from the various departments.

Princeton University

Princeton goes rapping. The university’s USG Social Committee confirmed on Tuesday that Wiz Khalifa will be performing at the University’s Lawnparties concert, a USG-sponsored event that is scheduled to place on May 1. Another rising rapper, Big K.R.I.T, will be opening the concert.

Columbia University

University officials have noticed an increase in the number of academic dishonest cases from students taking “Lit Hum,” a required course at Columbia University. In response, officials are considering implementing a new website to better explain plagiarism and sending professors a form with tips on catching plagiarizers, particularly those using new technology.

Dartmouth College

Dartmouth alums and entrepreneurs Nicolas Baum ’07 and Kapil Kale ’07 launched a “third party, independent gift card” company called GiftRocket on March 21. The website lets individuals purchase gifts for family or friends who reside in the United States and charges buyers a $1 fee as well as 5 percent of the purchase.

University of Pennsylvania

America Ferrera, best known for her role as Betty Suarez in Ugly Betty, visited Penn Wednesday for its Festival Latino, a week-long event celebrating Latino culture organized by La Casa Latina and the Latino Coalition. Ferrera discussed education and social activism, citing her college experiences as an influence in her decision to integrate activism into her life.

Brown University

University President Ruth Simmons spoke at the United Nations General Assembly’s fourth annual international slavery remembrance day on Friday in New York City. She talked about remembering slavery and Brown’s role in recognizing its historical ties to the slave trade. Simmons discussed the upcoming creation of a research center and physical memorial to slavery on campus. She reminded the audience that these contributions were not intended to “make amends,” but instead function as “constant reminders” of the values of justice and equality.

Cornell University

Cornell’s University Hearing Board voted in favor of a student who had been caught with marijuana yet challenged the University’s Police Department’s right to search for the drug. According to public records, the officer saw the accused student in the same outdoor location as two previous students who were seen smoking marijuana. Although the officer did not see that the accused student smoking, the officer searched the student’s belongings. The student in question challenged the citation on the grounds of unlawful search and seizure.