The women’s tennis team (15–3) took its last two non-conference matches of the season last weekend with wins over Quinnipiac, 7–0, and Fairleigh Dickinson University, 5–2.

With the two wins, the Bulldogs have built up a three game winning streak heading into Ivy League play and have won eleven of their last 12.

“The two matches, although physically and mentally taxing, gave us an opportunity to practice the things we want to do well during the Ivy season,” Vicky Brook ’12 said.

The doubles teams took three matches and gave Yale a 1–0 lead. Blair Seideman ’14 and Kim Szokol ’14 cruised to an 8–1 victory while Stephanie Kent ’12 and Annie Sullivan ’14 clinched the doubles point with an 8–3 win. Silia DeFillipis ’11 and Elizabeth Epstein ’13 completed the sweep for the Bulldogs 8–4.

Epstein, Sullivan and DeFillipis then reeled off three consecutive singles to clinch the overall match for Yale. The Bobcats also dropped the next three matches, making it the sixth time this season that an opponent has failed to score against the Elis.

The team, which usually only plays one match a day, had just a few hours off before playing Fairleigh Dickinson. The Bulldogs once again swept doubles play. Seideman and Szokol claimed their second 8–1 victory of the day at the No. 3 spot. Epstein and Sullivan secured the doubles point at the No. 2, dropping only three games.

Epstein, who has only lost three singles matches this spring, defeated Irina Dementyeva 6–1, 6–0 to put Yale up 2–0. Szokol defeated Emily Napier 6–1, 6–1 and Sullivan clinched the victory for Yale, beating Manuela Leme 6–1, 6–0.

Players said that playing two matches in one day was good training for Ivy League play where matches are limited to one per day.

“It was very mentally draining for us to play twice today,” Epstein said. “However, I think this experience will make us even tougher and more ready for Ivy play next week.”

The Bulldogs will begin conference play this Friday against Penn. Yale’s last Ivy League title came in the 2008 season, when the team also went undefeated against Ivy opponents. The Bulldogs are currently the highest nationally ranked team in the Ancient Eight.

“Ivy season is an emotional season,” Brook said. “Every team you play is an emotional hurdle since there is so much hype around each match.”

The Bulldogs will take on Penn in Philadelphia this Friday before facing the defending champions, Princeton, on Saturday.