UPDATED 4:22 p.m. The city has found a replacement for Adam Joseph as its lobbyist in Hartford.

Rebecca Bombero, who has worked as an analyst in the city’s Office of Management and Budget since 2007, will be the city’s new legislative director, according to a press release. Starting Monday, she will end a nearly two-month-long vacancy in the position created by the appointment of Joseph in February to serve as the city’s top spokesman.

Joseph had only words of praise for his successor, citing her “intimate familiarity” with city and state budget issues.

“Becky is an asset to the city who has a keen understanding of the issues facing it,” Joseph said. “Her background in the budget office makes her uniquely qualified to work on crafting budgets in Hartford.”

Joseph, who vacated the position Feb. 7, said he did not know why it took the city this long to fill his position, but he was not surprised by the search’s duration.

Topping the list of city priorities Bombero will be tasked with pursuing at the state legislature are municipal aid from the state, funding for economic development projects, red light cameras, liquor permit reform and the creation of a gun offender registry, the release said.

Bombero has a degree in political science from the University of Connecticut.