No surprise here. A Harvard junior warned high school seniors in U.S. News & World Report this month: “Don’t make the same mistake. If you receive a notice of acceptance from the Harvard admissions office next month, enjoy the moment, but consider how disappointed you may be three years from now. If you aren’t accepted, or if you never applied, consider yourself fortunate: you will receive a better education in the bargain.”

Get real. Toad’s Place will be the site of a casting call for MTV’s “The Real World 26” Wednesday. According to an advertisement, “You must be over the age of 18 to apply and appear to be between the ages of 18 and 24.”

New guy in town. A new restaurant is slated to move into the space previously occupied by Così on Elm Street. A sign hanging on the building at the corner of Park and Elm streets reads “Box 63,” which is an “American Bar & Grill” planning to open April 2011. The tagline reads, “Eat with your hands.”

Work hard for the money. A Rasmussen Reports telephone survey found that out of 1,000 adults surveyed, only 3 percent say Ivy League grads are “better workers.” Seventy-nine percent thought they were not and 18 percent were undecided.

There is still a chance to get hockey tickets. According to Jeremy Makins, assistant athletic director for ticket and rink operations, there are still 475 tickets left out of 700. However, he warned in an email, “If it’s busy on Tuesday, we could sell out by the end of the day.”

Yale School of Drama Dean James Bundy will undergo open heart surgery to treat a Mitral valve regurgitation during a four- to six-week sabbatical. Bundy had open heart surgery previously in 2006.

Was it moo-ving? Matthew George’s ’11 play “Cow Play” was named the runner-up for the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival’s National Student Playwriting Award.

Emma Watson wrote in a message on her website that she is taking a break from her studies at Brown University to finishing work on the final installment of the “Harry Potter” series and to “focus on [her] other professional and acting projects.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1939 Fritz Kuhn, leader of the pro-Nazi organization the German American Bund, tells the News that “of course there won’t be any war.”

YALE DAILY NEWS