After two losses in the first two games of the season, the women’s lacrosse team will still be looking for its first win this Saturday when it faces off against Dartmouth.

That game will be Yale’s first Ivy League game of the season, and it may prove to be a difficult one. The Bulldogs faltered against No. 16 BC on Wednesday night and will face a tough No. 15 Dartmouth team that has won both of its first two games this season, defeating New Hampshire and Vermont.

“We’re coming into the game as the underdog because we lost the first two [games],” Caroline Crow ’12 said. “We need to come out with intensity.”

The team struggled on the draw against the Eagles, winning just 10 of 12 in the first half, and gave up 11 goals. The Elis rebounded in the second half, winning half of their draws, but the 18 goals that BC scored on the Bulldogs were too much for them to overcome.

Last season, the Bulldogs lost to Dartmouth, 12–5. The Big Green return 10 of their 12 starters from last year’s squad, including standout attackers Sarah Parks and Greta Meyer. Parks scored 32 goals last year, while Meyers added 35. Meyers leads this year’s team with six goals.

On the Bulldogs’ side, Crow currently leads the team with four goals. Devon Rhodes ’13, who led the team in goals last season as a freshman with 27, is second on the team with two goals this season. She said that she expects a good game and that the Yale team has a lot of talent, adding that Dartmouth is one of the better teams in the Ivy League. She added that a win this weekend is essential.

“We need a big win to rally around for the rest of season,” Crow said.

The game against the Big Green is slated to begin at 1 p.m. this Saturday at Reese Stadium.