After a two-month-long search, Yale has selected a new Director of Undergraduate Career Services.

Allyson Moore, current associate dean of students and director of the Career Center at Amherst College, will assume the position this April. Moore replaces Phillip Jones, who served as UCS director for 12 years before stepping down in December.

Moore, who has several years of career services experience at the graduate and undergraduate level, is no stranger to Yale: she served a two-year stint as Director of Career Development at the School of Management from 2006 to 2008.

“She will be welcomed back with great enthusiasm by those who had the opportunity to work with her during those years,” said Yale College Dean Mary Miller in statement released at 3 p.m. to Yale College staff. “Yale is fortunate to have persuaded her to return to New Haven.”

In her current work at Amherst, Moore is responsible for providing many of the services UCS offers at Yale. Through recruitment partnerships and personal and professional development programs at the college level and beyond, Moore is “responsible for supporting the intellectual, professional, and personal growth of undergraduate students,” Miller said.

A journalist by training, Moore received her B.A. from Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio, and her M.S. from the Columbia Journalism School. Following positions at Warner-Lambert, the LEAD Program in Business, and Unilever, Moore was appointed Director of Full-Time MBA Career Services at New York University’s Stern School of Business. She held the position until she moved to Yale SOM in 2006.