After two days of competition at the 2011 Ivy League Championships, the Bulldogs are situated in third place only four points ahead of Penn (600-596). With five victories in the nine events, Princeton is in first place with 1054.5 points while Harvard is second with 955 points.

On Thursday, the first day of competition, the relay team of Cynthia Tsay ’13, Ileana Lucos ’11, Hayes Hyde ’12, and Joan Weaver ’13 placed third in the opening 200-yd medley relay.

Molly Albrecht ’13 then placed second in the 500-yd freestyle, the highest place for any individual swim for the Bulldogs in the meet so far. Her time of 4:47.14 was over five seconds below the NCAA ‘B’ standard. Weaver was ninth in the event with a time of 4:52.70.

In one of the fastest events of the day with six swimmers under the NCAA ‘B’ cut time, Hyde placed sixth in the 200-yd IM with a season-best time of 2:01.82. Lucos swam the event for the first time this season against Ivy League competition and placed thirteenth in 2:04.28.

In the three-mtr diving event, Rachel Rosenberg ’12 and Paige Meneses ’13 dove in the B final and finished tenth and fourteenth respectively.

The Bulldogs wrapped up the first day of competition with a second place finish in the 400-yd medley relay with a blistering time of 3:44.18.

Friday was action packed, beginning with the 200-yd medley relay. The team of Tsay, Liao, Hyde, and Lucos finished third. Freshman Courtney Randolph ’14 had a breakout swim in the 400-yd IM, dropping two seconds from her morning swim to place sixth. Hyde continued her stellar meet with a third place finish in the 100-yd butterfly. Her time of 54.53 was her second NCAA B cut of the meet.

The Bulldogs had a strong showing in the 200-yd freestyle, putting four swimmers in the top 16. Albrecht was the fastest Bulldog, finishing third with another NCAA B cut of 1:48.43. Lucos was fifth in 1:49.23.

Liao swam a personal-best time in the 100-yd breaststroke to finish third with a time of 1:02.13.

The Elis took second place in the 800-yd freestyle relay. Tsay had the fastest third leg in the field to storm past the Tigers and take the Bulldogs into second place. Weaver held onto that position and touched the wall in 7:20.23 to wrap up the second day of competition.