It’s back. The National Weather Service put a Winter Weather Advisory in effect for New Haven today. It started at midnight and runs until 2 p.m. Three to five inches are expected to accumulate.

Today is Presidents’ Day. Yalies will be celebrating the federal holiday that marks George Washington’s and Abraham Lincoln’s birthdays by attending classes. Harvard’s are out of session.

Perfect way to start a Sunday. A fire alarm went off in Trumbull College at 8:15 a.m. Sunday morning. Sleepy Trumbullians gathered in the college’s main courtyard were met by a student tramping out of his entryway mimicking the alarm and yelling “May I have your attention please? Will someone get me a mixed drink?” The alarm went off at 8:44 a.m.

Another Trumbull student was spotted Friday afternoon fishing for a burrito from the Tijuana Taco cart on York Street. The student lowered a blue rope with a plastic bag at the end of it from his fourth floor balcony. The vendor hopped into the moat surrounding Trumbull to collect the money in the bag, place the burrito in it, and watch the student rope it up.

The Jonathan Edwards College basement is flooded. Meg Sosnowski ’13, the Jonathan Edwards buttery manager, informed the “buttworkers” panlist Sunday night. She announced that the buttery would be closed due to “SMELLY WATERFLOOD.”

The Hartford Courant spoke out against the New Haven Police Department’s reaction to layoffs in an editorial Saturday. “The police protest was way out of line. They were no role models,” the Courant wrote of Thursday’s protest. The editorial praised Mayor John DeStefano Jr.’s actions in dealing with the city’s budget gap. For an update on the NHPD union, see Page 5.

Drink your caffeine. Director of Club Sports Tom Migdalski told team captains in an e-mail Friday that drivers can be reimbursed for one caffeinated beverage for each direction of a trip. “I want your drivers out of the car, walking into a public rest area, refreshing themselves, and having something to drink,” he wrote.

40 under 40. Heather Tookes, an associate professor at the Yale School of Management, was named one of “The World’s 40 Best B-School Profs Under the Age of 40” by the website Poets and Quants, according to the Yale Alumni Magazine blog.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1968 Leaders of the group Yale Resistance say “civil disobedience on a massive scale” is the only way to end the Vietnam War.

YALE DAILY NEWS