Valentine’s Day happened yesterday. Now it’s over. Singles rejoice!

A flower a day. Roseann Colon, who works in the Timothy Dwight dining hall, handed out carnations to female students who came for breakfast.

Quinnipiac hockey ticket update: In order to snag one of those 50 tickets reserved for Yalies at the game this Friday at Quinnipiac University, you have to purchase them at Ray Tompkins House by Wednesday at 5 p.m.

Singing Valentines circulated around campus Monday. In “The Victorian Novel” singers interrupted a lecture on Charles Dickens’ “Great Expectations.” Professor Ruth Yeazell GRD ’71 asked the serenaders to take the lucky valentine outside. She returned with a pink carnation.

We miss No. 1. The men’s hockey team is now in third place in both the USA Today and USCHO national polls. Boston College has the top spot and North Dakota is in second.

Watch out … for sophomores with “sea lord water squirters.” The class began their game of “ELIminate!,” also known as assassins, Monday. Students are on small teams and are assigned to attack other teams. According to an e-mail, safe places include but are not limited to libraries, masters’ and deans’ offices, and UCS offices.

Potential lawyers can breathe a small sigh of relief. The Yale Law School has moved its application deadline back to March 1, citing the inclusion of February LSAT scores that the extended deadline will allow for applicants. Of course, it’s still Yale Law School, but every little bit helps.

Well, he wasn’t playing against a computer. Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs Alfred Guy answered nine questions on “Who Wants to be a Millionaire” Monday morning before time for the episode ran out. He will continue on the show Tuesday at 10 a.m. on WTIC (FOX). Guy has used up all of his lifelines already, though. He asked the audience for help on a question asking what Disney movie featured the song “A Whole New World.”

Follow him. Yale Police Department Chief Ronnell Higgins is on Twitter. His handle is @YPD1 and his first tweet occurred Feb. 9. It read “Test.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1967 The Student Advisory Board suggests a new science major combining “courses on ecology, evolution, genetics, and philosophy and history of science, as well as traditional science courses.”

YALE DAILY NEWS