Sargent Shriver ’38 LAW ’41, a former vice-presidential nominee and the first director of the Peace Corps, has been hospitalized at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, Md. The 95-year-old is in critical condition, according to a family spokeswoman, the Associated Press reported.

Spam overload. Students were spammed Friday night after students participating in a theatrical production sent an e-mail advertising auditions without blind carbon copying the over 30 panlists e-mailed. That e-mail started another thread titled “Don’t Click Reply All,” in which students both protested for an end to the e-mailing, notified others about lost items, and sent random comments.

Shut down. The Yale Police Department broke up a party at Branford College suite K22 — the “God Quad” — early Monday morning, and two of its members were cited with misdemeanors, YPD spokesman Lt. Steven Woznyk said in an e-mail. Another student was cited for underage drinking.

Sam-tacular. Students named variations of Sam at Yale received an e-mail Monday: “We want to have a Sam brunch for everyone whose first name is Sam/my/antha/uel/amar/er/eera/son. We think it would be super fun to meet everyone and just chill and love our shared name.” The brunch will take place Feb. 6 in Calhoun College.

Although James Franco GRD ’16 did not win a Golden Globe Sunday night, Yale was not exempt from the ceremony. Paul Giamatti ’89 DRA ’94 won a trophy for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture — Comedy or Musical for “Barney’s Version.” Yale dropout Claire Danes won Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-series or Motion Picture Made for Television for “Temple Grandin.”

Snow again? According to the National Weather Service, students up before 9 a.m. will see flakes, but after that it will be a mix of snow and freezing rain until noon, when it will start to rain.

The Human Rights Campaign asked the University officials to amend its plan for having roughly 60 employees repay funds Yale failed to withhold for 2010 federal taxes on domestic partner benefits. Affected employees will pay double in tax withholdings during 2011 because of the University’s mistake.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1939 The editor of “The New Republic” talks in the Sterling Law Building auditorium. He begins by saying how important it is that totalitarian powers in democratic countries be quelled.

YALE DAILY NEWS