And the Oscar (hosting gig) goes to … James Franco GRD ’16 and actress Anne Hathaway. The pair will host the 83rd Academy Awards Feb. 27, telecast producers Bruce Cohen ’83 and Don Mischer announced Monday.

We lost another game to Harvard — the “Geek-Off.” For the second year in a row, Fox Sports reporter Bob Oschack interviewed Elis and Cantabs at The Game tailgate in a segment called “Geeks Gone Wild II.” Ultimately, Harvard emerged victorious because a member of its hip-hop dance team broke it down for the camera.

The men’s hockey team is now ranked second in the nation in the USCHO.com Division I Men’s Poll and the USA Today/USA Hockey poll. Yale is tied for second with Boston University according to USCHO.com, but above BU in USA Today. Minnesota-Duluth current leads both. This is the highest the hockey team has ever been ranked.

Sterling Professor Emeritus of English and Comparative Literature Geoffrey Hartman GRD ’53 was bestowed the “distinguished achievement award for Holocaust studies” at the Lessons and Legacies Conference in Florida this month, according to a Yale University Library press release. Hartman is faculty advisor to and founder of the Fortunoff Video Archive for Holocaust Testimonies at the Yale Library.

The Duke’s Men of Yale are featured on the BOCA Best Of College A Cappella 2011 album with their cover of the Barenaked Ladies song “What A Good Boy,” according to Varsity Vocals.

Soul(d?) train. Today is the last day to buy tickets for the Yale College Council’s “Party Train” to New York. The Metro North with some Yale-only cars leaves for the city Saturday at 10:22 a.m. Tickets cost $15 with a $1.50 online processing fee.

A Yalie has been named a member of the cabinet. Not that cabinet. Cassius Marcellus Cornelius Clay ’14, Kanye West’s “junior stylist,” was listed as one of the nine member’s of “Kanye’s Cabinet” by New York Magazine.

Lishan Wang, the man accused of murdering Yale postdoctoral clinical fellow Vajinder Toor, will have a competency hearing Dec. 20, the New Haven Register reported. The case was postponed Monday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1959 Dean of Yale College William C. DeVane calls the loyalty oath that students who receive federal scholarship loan funds have to take “a last remnant of McCarthyism.”

YALE DAILY NEWS