Dartmouth and MIT saw increases in the number of applicants to their early application programs this year, while Brown experienced a slight decrease.

Applications to Dartmouth College’s early decision program rose 12 percent, from 1,594 last year to 1,785 counted so far this year, Dean of Admissions Maria Laskaris told The Dartmouth. Laskaris said she expects to find that close to 1,800 students applied once the admission office finishes counting the applications.

The Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s saw a 14 percent rise in early action applications compared to last year, according The Tech. This year, the MIT admissions office predicts it will receive nearly 6,500 early applications, around 800 more than the 5,684 it received last year.

On the flip side, Brown University saw a drop in early decision applications it received by a margin of 70 to 80, Dean of Admission Jim Miller told the Brown Daily Herald. He said he expects the final number of early decision applicants to be just over 2,765.

Dartmouth and MIT join the University of Pennsylvania and Stanford in reporting a rise in early applications this year, while Brown and Yale both saw almost no change in early application numbers.