Going, going, gone. The last ticket for the student section at The Game this coming Saturday was purchased around noon Wednesday.

But there is still hope. Between 600 to 700 tickets for a student overflow section were made available, said Jeremy Makins, director of ticket operations. Additionally, the office will sell tickets to students for seats in other sections, but those will be located on the opposite end of the field from the cheering Yalies.

The Harvard comedy group On Harvard Time issued a release Wednesday apologizing for the reference to the murder of Annie Le GRD ’13 in its admissions parody video “Why Did I Choose Yale?” In the statement, the comedy news group said they have removed the video and are replacing it with a version excluding the joke. They added that the reference was intended to mock Yale’s “guarded treatment of their crime problems,” not the incident itself.

Alaskans won’t have an Eli senator. Despite Joe Miller’s LAW ’95 upset victory in the Republican primary over Sen. Lisa Murkowski, the Associated Press and Washington Post called the election Wednesday for Murkowski, who ran as a write-in candidate.

Pack for a pizza? Yale Colleges Against Cancer gave free slices of pizza to smokers in exchange for their cigarettes outside of Toad’s Wednesday. Those who were willing to give up an entire pack received whole pies.

Timothy Dwight is dabbling in trayless. Master Jeff Brenzel explained in an e-mail Wednesday to TD students that the college is “experimenting with a new dish return system” to aid those who choose to go trayless. The three day trial system started Wednesday.

George H.W. Bush ’48 is a winner of the Presidential Medal of Freedom. President Barack Obama named Bush and 14 others, including poet Maya Angelou and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, as recipients Wednesday.

This Jonathan Edwards sophomore advanced to the Jeopardy! College Championship finals on Wednesday night’s show. Who is Samuel Spaulding ’13? The finals will air Thursday and Friday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1982 Yale Police receives three calls claiming there is a bomb in Sterling Memorial Library. Yale and New Haven police officers gather at the library until a female calls and explains it is all a ruse.

YALE DAILY NEWS