A major drug bust on Chapel Street, less than three blocks from campus, resulted in six arrests and the seizure of crack cocaine, marijuana and nearly $1,000 on Saturday.

The drug bust took place at three apartments on the 1300 block of Chapel Street, City Hall spokeswoman Jessica Mayorga said in an e-mail. New Haven Police Department officers from the Police Tactical Narcotics Unit and the Street Interdiction Unit concluded an investigation into open-air narcotics sales with the simultaneous execution of three search and seizure warrants, she added.

Police entered apartments at 1345 Chapel Street and 1341 Chapel Street, Mayorga said. At the locations, which are two and a half blocks west of Miya’s Sushi, officers arrested Grechen Alvarez-Osario and Ashlie Carrasqillo-Pizarro for Possession with Intent to Sell Controlled substance and narcotics after marijuana and crack cocaine were discovered in their shared apartment, she added.

According to the e-mail, officers discovered Carrasquillo-Osario’s three year old child at the apartment during the raid.

Mayorga said police arrested two more men for possession of drug paraphernalia after officers found a scale with cocaine residue and drug-packaging material in an apartment. She added that, a 17-year-old was also arrested with two counts of Sale of Narcotics, and another individual was arrested and charged with three counts of Sale of Narcotics; police seized a total of $960 during the raid.

In an another incident the following day, two Yale students walking on Whalley Avenue overheard at least 20 shots fired around 2:25 p.m., and were told by an NHPD operator when they called in to report the crime that there had been a shooting on Goffe Street. Police spokesman Joe Avery could not be reached for further details.

Dan Frascella ’12, one of the two students who heard the shots, said he ran to the Marriot Hotel on Whalley and called 911. He said that a dispatcher told him that police were already aware of what had occurred, and Frascella said he later saw several cruisers heading toward the area.

Later Sunday, at 4:10 p.m., an assailant snatched someone’s purse at on George Street near Park Street, three blocks from campus, said Assistant Chief of Yale Police Ronnell Higgins in an e-mail Sunday night.

Higgins said in his e-mail that the victim was not a member of the Yale community and that no weapon was used and no injuries were reported.