The Bulldogs maintained their second place ranking in the Ivy League after shutting out Penn 10–0 at Johnson Field Saturday. The Elis followed the win with a 2–1 victory at Fairfield, registering their second straight weekend sweep.

In the first three minutes of Saturday’s game against the Quakers, midfielder Dinah Landshut ’12 tallied her first goal of the season. Landshut also added an assist on the Bulldogs’ second goal less than three minutes later, when back Taylor Sankovich ’12 shot a rocket on a penalty stroke, the first two of her six points of the day.

Fifteen minutes later, forward Erica Borgo ’14, who also assisted on the Sankovich goal, deposited a feed from fellow forward Mary Beth Barham ’13 in the back of the Penn net to increase the Bulldog’s lead to three.

In the 23rd minute, Emily Schuckert ’14 capitalized on a feed from Johna Paolino ’11 for her first career score, making her the third Bulldog freshman to score a goal this season. After waiting 13 games for that first goal, Schuckert only had to wait five minutes for her next one, as the midfielder knocked in the Elis’ fifth goal of the game at 27:53.

“Scoring my first goal was pretty incredible.” Schuckert said. “ It took a few seconds for me to realize that it had actually happened. It felt good knowing I was helping my team build up a nice lead.”

Erin Carter ’12 — the team’s leader with eight goals — rounded out the half’s scoring with a penalty stroke in the 29th minute to send the Bulldogs to halftime up 6–0.

“Our team was working really well together and our attack was definitely wearing down Penn’s defense,” Schuckert said.

Just two minutes into the second half, the Bulldogs continued its offensive onslaught when Mia Rosati ’13 capitalized on a Sankovich rebound. Kirsten Krebs ’12 added another penalty corner goal just minutes later, and Sankovich and Landshut then added their second goals of the game as Yale hit double digits in scoring for the dominating win.

The Bulldogs ended the game outshooting the Quakers 40-5. Penn has been outhot 331–114, averaging only 1.13 goals per game and 4.07 goals allowed per game this season.

“We had an amazing passing game,” Sankovich said. “Our attack started in the backfield, so the whole team was involved in every goal. After the half, we were up, but we didn’t stop attacking. Each goal was just as exciting as the last, especially because so many different girls were scoring.”

On Sunday, the Elis travelled to Fairfield in the team’s last non-league matchup of the season. The Bulldogs outshot the Stags but to a slightly lesser extent than against the Quakers, 11–7.

Yet that difference was enough for the win, as Barham and Paolino each scored goals in the first half to give the Bulldogs a 2–1 lead they would not relinquish. Landshut added another assist in the game, bringing her total on the year to 14; just two shy of the single season record of Katie Cantore ’10.

Yale continues their conference schedule against Columbia Saturday at Johnson Field.