THE NEWS

• While most Yalies sleep, some of the University’s buildings stay up burning the midnight oil. In the University’s Sustainability Strategic Plan 2010-2013 released this month, Yale administrators announced their intent to evaluate and improve the energy efficiency of the campus’ buildings. Michael Stringer, a central campus facilities supervisor, said that reviewing sources of energy consumption in buildings is one of the Office of Facilities’ top priorities. But at 12:30 am Sundaymorning, rooms from the School of Art to Kline Biology Tower up Science Hill illuminated the empty sidewalks.
  • The YCC will release a report this spring that will advise the university to change how it awards science laboratory credits, said YCC President Jeff Gordon.The report will include a variety of ways to better correlate lab course workload with credit received. While most administrators, professors and students interviewed agreed that the system should be changed, they all had different ideas for how this could be accomplished.
  • Yale’s two planned residential colleges moved an important step closer to city approval Wednesday night.The City Plan Commission met Wednesday night to discuss plans for the colleges, which are scheduled to be constructed in the triangular area bordered by Prospect Street and the Grove Street Cemetery.

THE WEATHER

High of 61 degrees, low of 38 degrees, scattered showers.

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: Waffle Bar

Lunch: Chicken Gumbo Soup, Vegan Lentil & Mushroom Soup, Pizza With Fresh Tomato & Mozzarella, Pizza With Buffalo Chicken, Curried Tofu, Baked Potato, Crumbled Bacon, Fresh Broccoli Florets, Organic Plain Brownie, Gingersnap

Dinner: Vegan Baked Ziti, Mashed Fresh Potatoes, Brown Sauce, Crumbled Bacon, Gruyere & Sundried Tomato Grilled Foccacia, Apple Stuffing, Fresh Green Beans Sauté, Broiled Tomato Slices

In Commons

No menu available.

YALE DAILY NEWS