Playing on the road is nothing new for the Yale women’s soccer team and the Bulldogs will play their fourth straight game away from Reese Stadium on Saturday, when they travel to Cornell for another Ivy League matchup.

The Bulldogs (5–6–1, 1–2 Ivy) will go into Saturday’s contest with a two game win streak against Saint Peter’s and Dartmouth. They will face a Cornell team (5–6, 0–3 Ivy) that is still seeking its first conference win. Yale is currently tied for fifth in the conference with Penn and Dartmouth, and with only four games remaining will need to win this weekend’s game if they want to stay in the running for the Ivy League Championship.

“I think the first thing we need to do is match their intensity in the game and don’t let them outwork us,” head coach Rudy Meredith said. “They’re really hungry to get a win, so we’re going to have to match their intensity.”

In order to do so, the team will have to continue to capitalize on early scoring chances in order to do so, according to Meredith.

“The main focus now is finishing our chances, so we’re going to continue to highlight that and work on that for the rest of the season,” Meredith said.

However, Meredith added that the actual road trip to Ithaca will also be an obstacle that the Bulldogs will have to overcome.

“I think that it’s a tough trip to make physically and mentally,” Meredith said. “You can spend six to seven hours on a bus going up there, so I think sometimes that’s a very difficult trip. We have to stay focused and then come out with the right level of intensity right from the beginning of the game.”

The Big Red come into the game fresh off a 0–2 loss to Harvard. Though Cornell is currently winless in league contests, the team will have the benefit of playing on their home field in Saturday’s matchup.

Though the Big Red has a slight lead in the all-time series against Yale at 15-14, the Bulldogs have come out on top in each of their last three meetings. Their most recent matchup took place last year on Oct. 17 and ended in a 2-1 victory for the Elis.

Saturday’s game is slated to begin at 4 p.m. at Berman Field in Ithaca.