The Yale women’s soccer team picked up its first Ivy league win of the season with a 3–1 victory over Dartmouth on Saturday. Despite facing an early deficit, the Bulldogs came back and scored three unanswered goals to cruise to a much-needed conference victory.

Though the team controlledthe game in the early minutes, Dartmouth scored the first goalafter forward Aly O’Dea scored with a header off a free kick to put the Big Green up 1–0 in the tenth minute.

“I don’t think that we panicked, because we knew that we could score against them because we were better,” midfielder Enma Mullo ’12 said. “But I guess it did cause us to kind of wake up and attack more.”

The Bulldogs respondedeight minutes later when team captain Becky Brown ’11 tied the game at 1–1 after shetook a pass from Mullo and tapped it in for an easy goal.

“Enma had an amazing break. She dribbled it into the box, beat all the players and crossed it, and it kind of just hit off my shin guards,” Brown said. “So I got pretty lucky there.”

Brown, who played a role in all three goals, finished the game with one goal and two assists.

The Elis struck again at 25:37, when Kristen Forster ’13 beat Dartmouth goalie Colleen Hogan to put the team up 2–1. The Bulldogs received an additional offensive lift from Mary Kubiuk ‘13, whose goal in the 33rd minute extended Yale’s lead to 3–1.

Head coach Rudy Meredith said that he was happy that the team was able to capitalize on scoring chances.

“It was good that what we worked on in practice transitioned over to the game. We worked a lot on finishing our chances,” Meredith said. “That’s the key. When you have chances you have to finish them. And we did. That was the difference in the game.”

Ayana Sumiyasu ’11 was also solid for the Elis in the goal. Sumiyasu recorded five saves in the game, one of which came in the closing minutes of the game to seal the win for the Bulldogs.

Meredith said that he sees this win as a blueprint to success against future league opponents.

“Overall, [it was a] great team performance,” Meredith said. “That’s what we need if we want to take more Ivy games.”

The team will look to repeat this weekend’s performance next Saturday, when they will travel to Cornell for another Ivy League matchup.