Buses for the Farm Tour organized by Yale Dining forgot to pick up students Saturday. But the tour was rescheduled for this coming weekend, Yale Dining wrote in an e-mail to students who had signed up. Monday’s e-mail apologized to students and reiterated that the bus company chartered for the tour had “assumed full responsibility for the mix-up.”

Even though the Saybrook screw was supposed to be held this coming weekend at Elevate it was postponed to November and will be held in the college’s dining hall. “It’s simply too soon to hold an event at Elevate,” an e-mail sent out to Saybrook College students read.

Ezra Stiles College’s current goldfish Tsunami has a new companion. And it needs a name. The Master and Dean’s Office in Swing Space received a small goldfish Monday and sent an e-mail out to Stiles students with a survey asking for name suggestions.

Mayor John DeStefano Jr. talked immigration at the Hague Monday, the New Haven Independent reported. According to the Independent he was a panelist at the The 2010 International Cities of Migration Conference.

Pulitzer Prize winner and Senior Lecturer in the English Department Michael Cunningham discussed teaching in a Sunday New York Times Op-Ed piece. He said he reminds students “that no one wants to read their stories.”

Ivy overload. Assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute Peter Brown analyzed the number of Ivy League grads in high powered D.C. positions in a Wall Street Journal blog post Monday. “But whether that is good or bad for the country, well, that is something that the talk-show folks can argue about,” he wrote.

A dispute between a Yankees fan and a Red Sox fan ended at Yale-New Haven Hospital. The New Haven Register reported that the Yankees fan allegedly stabbed the Red Sox fan at a Branford restaurant. The Yankees fan is from New Haven.

Republican senatorial candidate Linda McMahon called her opponent Democrat Richard Blumenthal LAW ’73 a liar in a new ad. McMahon emphasized Blumenthal’s misrepresentation of his service in Vietnam. McMahon and Blumenthal debated Monday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1961 The chairman of the “Committee of Ten” announced that the committee would submit a budget for “shelter precautions against nuclear attack.”

YALE DAILY NEWS