Color confusion? Yale Athletics handed out free Silly Bands — the popular, shape-retaining rubber bracelets — at the home women’s soccer game against Princeton on Saturday. Though the bands spelled out the letters Y-A-L-E, and others were shaped liked bulldogs and the Yale Athletics logo, they were white, gray and crimson — Harvard colors. The Athletics employee distributing the bracelets said they will be available in Yale colors this week.

“Beware of intruders in Hendrie.” According to an orange flier on the side door of Hendrie Hall, two homeless people were able to enter the building this past Thursday. The flier reported similar cases of intrusion and included a list of precautions for those who frequent the building.

African American Studies and English Professor Elizabeth Alexander, who composed and recited a poem for President Barack Obama’s inauguration, read selections from her new book, “Crave Radiance,” at the National Book Festival in Washington, D.C., on Saturday. Turkish author Orhan Pamuk, who received an honorary degree at Yale’s Commencement last spring, also read at the event.

University President Richard Levin and his wife, Jane, were honored with Hopkins Medals at a ceremony Friday celebrating the 350th anniversary of Hopkins School. The Levins, former Hopkins parents and trustees of the school, gave an address at the private prep school, which was founded in New Haven 41 years before Yale.

Help can’t wait. The Yale College Dean’s Office, Yalies for Pakistan and the Muslim Students Association raised more than $11,000 for UNICEF and the Red Cross at a concert for Pakistani flood relief Saturday night in Woolsey Hall. For the full story, see page 5.

The search is on. Rabbi Jason Rappoport and his wife, Meira, will leave the Slifka Center at the end of the academic year, Steven Sitrin, Slifka’s executive director, said in an e-mail. The center hopes to name a successor before Passover in the spring, Sitrin said.

The beat goes on at Zeta Psi. Despite having been evicted from their house last spring, the brothers of Zeta Psi still hosted their yearly ’80s-themed shindig, RAD — at the ADPhi house.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1968 A demonstration against a performance of “Paradise Now,” a controversial semi-improvisation play that involved nudity, on York Street is attended by more than 300 people and leads to at least eight arrests, including one Yale undergraduate.

Correction: September 27, 2010

A previous version of this Cross Campus post misspelled the name of the “Silly Bands” company.