All that the three seniors on the women’s golf team want is a ring on their fingers — the Ivy League championship ring, that is.

And with all three Elis expected to compete in the team’s starting five, the Bulldogs are hoping they have the depth to win Yale’s first conference title since 2006.

“We have one of the most talented squads Yale women’s golf has ever seen,” captain Alyssa Roland ’11 said.

Head coach Chawwadee Rompothong ’00 said the seniors — Roland, Cassie Boles ’11 and Harriet Owers-Bradley ’11 — have always shown the leadership and hard work necessary to accomplish their goals.

“They will really help the team quite a bit,” Rompothong said. “They have a lot of tournaments under their belts and know how to balance academics and golf correctly.”

While the seniors offer collegiate experience, Owers-Bradley said starting freshmen Seo Hee Moon ’14 and Sun Gyoung Park ’14 bring additional talent to the squad.

Rompothong said that while the transition from high school to college takes time, the freshmen are already making an impact.

Both Moon and Park have outstanding junior résumés peppered with USGA events: Park played in the U.S. Women’s Open this summer and even became the 21st golfer in tournament history to sink a hole in one when she shot an eagle on the par-3 sixth hole. She was also named one of the top 10 freshmen in the country last Thursday by Golfweek Magazine. She was the only Ivy League player to make that list.

Moon, who will join the seniors as one of Yale’s top five this weekend at the Princeton Invitational at Springdale Golf Club in Princeton, N.J., said the team has a very positive dynamic, and that everyone is looking forward to the weekend.

The Elis’ strong freshman talent and senior depth reflect the increased competitiveness of the Ivy League, Rompothong said.

“Over the last five years, Ivy League women’s golf has gotten a tremendous amount of good publicity,” she said. “A lot of juniors realize they can get a great education and play golf.”

While the Ivy Championship does not begin until April, the Bulldogs will meet many of their Ivy foes at the Princeton Invitational on Saturday.

“It will be a good tester,” Owers-Bradley said.

Roland said the Princeton Invitational will hopefully be a way for the team to kick off the season with a bang.

Although the Elis took fifth place at the Ivy Championship last year, they did beat Harvard, who had won the championship in 2008 and 2009.

Rompothong said the team is going to have to wait and see how the season progresses before thinking about Ivies.

“We’re defiantly going to be contenders,” she said. “With golf, it’s all about staying focused and controlling what you can control. The team is extremely talented and will work hard to stay competitive.”

Correction: Sept. 15, 2010

The article “Eli Seniors Aiming for Ivies” misreported the women’s golf team’s place in the Ivy Championship. The team placed second, not fifth.