Despite backlash from a recent New York Times article that revealed that Richard Blumenthal LAW ’73 never served in Vietnam even though he has said he did, Blumenthal is still polling strong, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Thursday.

Blumenthal, Connecticut’s attorney general, leads former World Wrestling Entertainment CEO Linda McMahon by 25 percentage points. According to the poll, 61 percent of Connecticut voters say the hoopla surrounding Blumenthal’s statements about his Vietnam service will not make a difference as to whether they will vote for him in November.

“It looks like Connecticut voters forgive Attorney General Richard Blumenthal, or feel that there is nothing to forgive in the Vietnam service flap,” Quinnpiac University Poll Director Douglas Schwartz said in a press release. “While he has taken a hit with voters, his poll numbers were so high to begin with that he still maintains a commanding lead over Linda McMahon.”

In a March poll, Blumenthal led McMahon by 33 percentage points.

McMahon leads the field in the Republican primary race by 26 percentage points in the poll, with 15 percent of Republicans still undecided. Former U.S. Rep. Rob Simmons, who announced Tuesday that he would “scale back” his campaign, received 23 percent of the vote in the Republican primary poll.

In the gubernatorial Democratic primary, Ned Lamont SOM ’80 leads former Stamford Mayor Dan Malloy by 17 percentage points, with 30 percent of voters still undecided, according to the poll. In the same race on the Republican side, the poll shows Tom Foley leading with 37 percent, compared to Lt. Governor Mike Fedele’s 11 percent and Oz Griebel’s 5 percent. Forty-two percent are still undecided in the Republican race.