SWIMMING | Tim Wise and Cristina Teuscher have been named the new head coaches of the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams, respectively. The pair replaces Frank Keefe, who had been coach of both teams since 1978 and retired this year.

“The leadership team of Cristina Teuscher and Tim Wise as the new head coaches of Yale Swimming is very exciting news for our entire community,” Director of Athletics Tom Beckett said in a press release. “Both Cristina and Tim are highly regarded in the world of swimming.”

Wise, a graduate of Southern Connecticut State University, has served as the Elis’ assistant coach for 12 seasons. He was formerly head coach at his alma mater, SCSU, as well as head coach of the Omni Swim Club in New Haven.

Teuscher graduated in 2000 from Columbia, where she never lost an individual race, won 12 Ivy League titles and set 17 Ivy League Records. She also won a gold medal in the 800m freestyle relay at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta and a bronze medal in the 200m individual medley at the 2000 Olympic Games. Teuscher has experience coaching at USS Swimming Club in Boston and the Badger Swim Club in Larchmont, N.Y.

The Bulldogs came in third behind Princeton and Harvard at the Ivy League Championships in February.