Spring Fling will be on Old Campus, rain or shine.

Yale College Council Events Director Mathilde Williams ’11 said members of the Spring Fling Committee have been glued to weather websites for the past two weeks. Though the committee explored possible contingency plans, the weather forecast — high of 60 degrees Fahrenheit and a 70 percent chance of morning showers — should permit the event to take place outside as planned. In fact, planning for the day’s logistics and security measures will not change from last year.

Williams said while she knows a wet day would put a damper on the fun, the committee was more concerned about the artists and production companies. She said that some rain is OK, but high winds or thunderstorms would force the event to shut down.

Still, the committee investigated possible indoor venues such as the Lanman Center, the large multi-purpose room in Payne Whitney, and Ingalls Rink, Williams said. The gym, however, has no freight elevators that could accommodate the large boxes of production equipment, and the rink was recently renovated, Williams said, making it a less than ideal place for such the wear and tear of a concert.

Williams seemed confident that while light rain Tuesday might keep students a little damp, Spring Fling will still take place.

“I think they would be happier in the rain,” she said. “It’s a very different atmosphere; we would never want it to be in Lanman.”

Meanwhile, the weather was cool and cloudy Friday night when headliner MGMT performed at Brown University’s Spring Weekend. Four Brown students interviewed said the audience enjoyed MGMT’s performance, though the band played fewer of their well-known songs from the hit album “Oracular Spectacular” in favor of songs from their recent album “Congratulations.” Sophomore Juan Zhen Lio said that the Brooklyn-based band played well and interacted with the crowd, dispelling any rumors that they are lackluster in live performances.

“When they played their old classics, people were singing along and dancing,” said freshman Maddie Johnston. “It was a really active performance.”

People were less responsive to the new songs, perhaps because the new music is slower and more mellow, said sophomore Sean Patrick McGowan. The band ended their concert on a high note by playing their hit single “Kids” during the encore, he added.

Michael Chao ’11, a member of the Spring Fling Committee and head of the concert’s production, said day-of Spring Fling regulations will be largely similar to those that were in place last year. Attendees can only enter through the High Street gate, Chao said, because Phelps Gate has gotten less traffic in the past, and the committee wanted to reduce the unnecessary cost of security at the extra entrance.

But he added that security coverage will be “pretty much the same” as last year’s; security is provided by a mix of Yale Police officers, Yale Security, and about 30 employees of Contemporary Services, a crowd management corporation.

Chao said security accounts for a third of the Spring Fling’s production budget, which also pays for the event’s lighting, staging, sound and the associated labor.

In an e-mail to the student body sent last Friday, the Yale College Dean’s Office announced Spring Fling’s security regulations, which includes the ban on alcohol beverages and individual parties in Old Campus rooms. Williams said those same rules were in place last year; though security officers will monitor entryways and may confront students who appear to be carrying alcohol, she said they will not be entering the entryways themselves.