Following last weekend’s sweep of Ivy League rivals Cornell and Columbia, the No. 67 Bulldogs earned a 5–2 victory over Dartmouth before dropping a tough 4–3 decision to archrival No. 64 Harvard. The split sends the Elis’ record to 15–8, 4–2 in the Ivy League.

The Bulldogs got off to a quick start against the Big Green, taking the doubles point thanks to wins from the pairings of Eric Blumenkranz ’12 and Joel Samaha ’12 in No. 1 doubles and John Huang ’13 and Daniel Hoffman ’13 in No. 3 doubles.

Mark Powers ’13 earned a 6–4, 6–4 win in No. 1 singles for the Bulldogs, and Huang added a 6–2, 6–4 victory in No. 2 singles. Calvin Bennett ’11 kept the Elis’ domination going with his 6–3, 7–6 win in the No. 3 spot, and Hoffman’s 6–4, 7–5 win in No. 4 singles rounded out Yale’s scoring to give them the –-2 win.

The Bulldogs could not duplicate their hot start against Harvard on Sunday, dropping the doubles point as only the pairing of Hoffman and Huang was able to pull out a win (8–3). Powers toughed out a three-set victory (7–6, 2–6, 6–3) in No. 1 singles, and Huang also toughed out a three-set win (4–6, 6–2, 6–2) in the No. 2 spot. Captain Connor Dawson ‘10, still recovering from a shoulder injury suffered earlier this month, nabbed Yale’s final point with his 6–4, 6–4 win in No. 5 singles.

The Elis have one more match remaining on the schedule, a date with Brown in Providence Saturday afternoon. At 4-2, the Elis are third in the Ancient Eight, just a half-game behind second-place Cornell (5–2) and a game and a half behind league-leader Columbia (6–1). A win against –-6 Brown Saturday would ensure Yale at least a share of second-place in the Ivy League.