This weekend the women’s lacrosse team will look to bounce back from its 11–2 loss against the Princeton Tigers last Saturday.

The Bulldogs (5–7, 2–3 Ivy) will face the Columbia Lions (5–6, 0–5 Ivy) at home. It will also be “Power in Pink” day at Reese Stadium, where the Elis will honor victims of breast cancer.

“We will be wearing special pink jerseys and honoring survivors as well as loved ones lost to breast cancer,” captain and defender Claire Eliasberg ’10 said. “This will definitely give us some additional inspiration going into Saturday’s game.”

The Lions, coming off a 13–12 win against Quinnipiac, have struggled in the Ivy League this season, and only have games remaining against the Bulldogs and Harvard to get a win in conference play.

“We know that it would make their season if they could beat us, so we are prepared for them to come out very strong,” attacker Myra Trivellas ’11 said.

A win on Saturday is essential for the Bulldogs as the Ivy League Tournament gets closer and the team vies for a top-four spot.

The Elis will try to carry their first-half performance at Princeton, where they led the Tigers 3–2 at the half, to Reese on Saturday. Composure in the second half will be key for the Bulldogs in order to avoid the10-goal run they fell victim to at Princeton.

“We will try to keep doing what we did well during the first half against Princeton and to eliminate the mistakes we made during the second half,” Eliasberg said. “We really need to focus on winning draw controls and clearing effectively so we can have more possessions on attack.”

The Bulldogs will look to gain back the offensive momentum they showed against Harvard when attacker Devon Rhodes ’13 scored a school record eight goals, while the Eli defense will look to keep the consistency they have had all season. The Yale defense is anchored by goalie Whitney Quackenbush ’12, who has posted a .498 save percentage and a 9.83 goals-against average. Trivellas knows the focus on Saturday will be executing on attack.

“Getting the ball up on attack is crucial so that we can have scoring opportunities,” she said. “And everyone needs to make that happen: the middies and the attackers need to help out the defense, who consistently perform.”

With the Ivy Tournament in mind, the Bulldogs know they need a win against the Lions.

“We just know, especially as seniors, it is now or never,” attacker Jess Sturgill ’10 said.

The game is scheduled for a 1 p.m. start at Reese Stadium.