Lauren Noble ’11 is used to dealing with money.

Noble, who is running for Yale College Council treasurer, said she has been fundraising since she arrived at Yale, netting more than $70,000 for student organizations and club sports since her freshman year.

After becoming president of the equestrian team in the second semester of her freshman year — which team captain Jennie Nevin ’10 said was unprecedented — Noble set off creating an endowment for the team.

Tallying equipment, transportation and logistical costs, Noble set up an alumni board for the team and contacted friends to raise funds. In total, she said she has raised more than $40,000 for the team.

The Women’s Leadership Initiative — an organization dedicated to empowering aspiring women leaders — contacted Noble last year after word of her success got out, WLI President Merlyn Deng ’11 said. Noble became the initiative’s business chair last year.

“She brings in the money,” Deng said, adding that Noble raised more than $18,000 in one year to fund the WLI’s annual conference.

If elected, Noble said she will make it her priority to organize large fundraising efforts and to enable the YCC to provide other student groups with more funding.

After the Undergraduate Organizations Funding Committee ran out of money last semester, for instance, the YCC should have helped out the student organizations, Noble argued.

As treasurer, Noble said she would reach out to local companies and other businesses, and possibly get corporate sponsorships for events such as Spring Fling.

Noble said a lot of the money she hopes to raise would go to club sports, which she called her main focus. Teams like her own only receive about $1,000 each semester, and she said this is not sufficient to allow the more than 600 students participating in club sports to pay for coaches, transportation, equipment and other costs.

Noble has studied Hindi and spent last summer in Croatia studying Eastern European history.