M. HOCKEY | For the second year in a row, there is a Bulldog presence on the New England Men’s Hockey Division I All-Star team. This year, left defenseman Tom Dignard ’10 (left) and right winger Broc Little ’11 (right) earned nods after the Yale squad won its first NCAA Tournament game on March 27.

After the 2009-’10 season, center Mark Arcobello ’10 earned a spot on the All-Star team.

Dignard and Little are the only players from the ECAC on the list, most hailing from New Hampshire and UMass.

Dignard led the nation’s defensemen with .930 goals per game throughout much of the season. He currently ranks fourth in the country and first in the ECAC. Dignard’s last goal was in the first game of the Elis’ three-game series against Brown, beginning on March 12. He netted a power-play score to put the Bulldogs on the scoreboard for the first time in the 3–2 defeat.

Little leads the team and is second in the nation with 27 goals on the season and ranks first with in Division I hockey with .79 goals per game. He got on the board for the first time in last weekend’s Northeast Regional when he scored Yale’s final goal of the 9–7 loss to Boston College with less than two minutes remaining.

Little and Dignard were also named to the first-team All-ECAC along with right winger Sean Backman ’10 on March 2. Dignard and Arcobello were also the only Elis to make the Northeast Regional All-Tournament Team last weekend.

Read the full All-Star roster here.