Blue skies ahead. A week filled with gray finally broke Thursday with the triumphant return of temperatures in the low 60s. Students celebrated by lounging on Old Campus and Cross Campus, and in residential college courtyards.

Is plate-less the new trayless? STEP sent out an e-mail informing students that experiments in “plate-less” dining found that the practice would prove too difficult to implement “for soft/watery foods.” Can anyone say “April Fools’ ”?

Fool me twice… In an effort to decorate the picnic table recently added to the Davenport courtyard, a member of the college’s council sent an e-mail announcing that the table would be painted in “Coca-Cola red and white” and that, in exchange for this sponsorship, Coke would give free soft drinks to the college’s buttery every Monday.

Yes, IvyGate was kidding, too. YCC President Jon Wu ’11 confirmed that an IvyGate blog post claiming MGMT canceled its upcoming performance at Spring Fling is no more than yet another April Fool’s joke. The post claimed MGMT was protesting the misogynistic lyrics of fellow Spring Fling performers the Ying Yang Twins and that MGMT had also canceled its performance at Brown, where Snoop Dogg will be performing as well.

So much for keeping kosher. The matzo ball soup offered for lunch Thursday in Silliman — ostensibly catering to those keeping kosher for Passover — contained noodles, which, for the record, don’t qualify under the guidelines for the holiday.

For those seeking reality television fame, the Real World will be holding auditions on April 13 at Toad’s Place. Producers say they are interested in someone with a disability, “a member of a pro-abstinence group and someone who is involved with goth, emo or punk subculture.”

A Saturday night at Yale, in four minutes. Ethan Kuperberg, director of “That’s Why Choose Yale,” captures the spirit of Yale social life in “Gon’ Kiss Girls Tonight,” a satirical YouTube skit with lines such as “Ladies, come on, can’t you see / I’ve been kissing girls since I was 17.”

The new Web site “Lecture Poems” features poems Yale students have patched together from lectures. Classes represented include Alexander Garvin’s “Study of the City” and Michael Frame’s “Fractal Geometry.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

2003 A Fair Haven resident requests that the “Harry Potter” series be removed from city schools for violating Christian teachings.

YALE DAILY NEWS