Christopher Plimpton ’11 won the Molloy Cup in the B-Division of the CSA Individual Championships on Sunday.

Eight members of the men’s squash team competed in the CSA Championships this weekend at Trinity College. Todd Ruth ’10, Aaron Fuchs ’10, Hywel Robinson ’13, Richard Dodd ’13 and John Roberts ’12 competed for the Pool Trophy. Robert Berner ’12, Plimpton and Naishadh Lalwani ’11 represented Yale in the Molloy Cup.

The two players involved in the controversial No. 1 match in the national championship tournament between Yale and Trinity — Kenneth Chan ’13 and Trinity’s Baset Chaudhry — did not compete this weekend. Chaudhry, the defending national singles champion, chose to withdraw from competition after nationwide media coverage of the match.

Fuchs made it through the first round of the Pool Cup unscathed, winning a five-game battle over his opponent from Franklin and Marshall. Robinson dominated his Rochester counterpart, winning 11-0, 11-0, 11-0. All three of the Elis competing for the Molloy Cup won their first matches.

But Fuchs and Robinson fell in the Round of 16, Fuchs to tough Trinity player Andres Vargas. In the Molloy Division, both Plimpton and Berner won their matches in the Round of 16, only to find that they would face each other in the quarterfinals.

The Eli sophomore duo found themselves with one set apiece before battling out a 15-13 set which Berner won. But the long match may have tired Berner as he dropped the next two sets to his teammate, allowing Plimpton to advance to the semifinals.

Plimpton won a four-set match against Penn’s Danny Greenberg, conceding just the third set. He then won his fifth match in just three days to secure the Molloy Cup over Harvard’s Jason Michas.

Correction: March 13, 2010

An earlier version of this article misstated the class year of Christopher Plimpton ’11.