Updated, 3:49 p.m. Andre Narcisse ’12 died from multiple drug toxicity, the Connecticut Medical Examiner’s Office said today.

Officials would not specify which drugs but ruled that Narcisse’s death was an accident.

University spokesman Tom Conroy offered “our deepest sympathy” to Narcisse’s family and friends.

“The Yale community will continue to mourn his tragic passing and remember his selfless contributions to the life of the campus,” Conroy said in an e-mail. “Counseling and other services are available to any student who feels a need for additional support and follow up.”

Narcisse’s roommates found him unresponsive in his dorm room on the morning of Nov. 1. The Medical Examiner’s Office originally said toxicology tests could take six to eight weeks. When eight weeks passed, an official at the office changed the estimate to 12 weeks. In the end, it took 14.

John Sinard, vice-chairman of the state’s Committee on Medicolegal Investigations, told the News earlier this week that 90 percent of toxicology cases are resolved within 90 days. But he added that there could be many reasons for a further delay, including inadequate staffing, other priorities or simply the complex process of toxicology.

In his opening remarks at a memorial service for Narcisse last month, Branford College Master Steven Smith said Narcisse’s death has made the Yale community more aware of the fragility of life. He added that he hoped the service would celebrate the meaning of Narcisse’s life.

“Every life is a story,” Smith said. “His memory is a blessing.”

For the full story, see tomorrow’s News.

Past coverage of Andre Narcisse ’12:

“Prayers, songs at Narcisse’s funeral,” Nov. 9, 2009

“Peers remember Narcisse ’12 fondly,” Nov. 2, 2009

“BRANFORD SOPHOMORE DIES; CAUSE UNKNOWN,” Nov. 1, 2009