After splitting a pair of games on the road, the women’s basketball team returns home for some Ivy League competition this weekend. The Bulldogs (7–11, 2–2 Ivy) will take on the Cornell Big Red (5–12, 0–4) today and the Columbia Lions (12–6, 3–1) Saturday at the John J. Lee Amphitheater.

Yale defeated Penn 58–51 in Philadelphia last Friday before falling to first-place Princeton 69–48 in New Jersey the following day.

When asked what her team needed to work on this week in practice, coach Gobrecht replied in one word: offense. The team hopes to play possessions more effectively and thus have better field goal percentages this weekend, she said.

Cornell has lost nine straight games, and has yet to win a game in the Ivy League. The Blue leads the all-time series with the Big Red 39–22, though Cornell has won the last five meetings, including two last season.

Columbia is coming off of an impressive victory over defending Ivy League Champion Dartmouth. Columbia has also lost to Harvard and swept Cornell in two meetings. Last season, the Lions and Bulldogs split their series, and Yale holds a 37–13 edge in the all-time series.

The Bulldogs’ offense this season has been led by guard Megan Vasquez ’13, who leads the team in scoring with 11.1 points per game and is the team’s current starting point guard. Vasquez has earned Ivy League Rookie of the Week honors twice this season.

Forward Mady Gobrecht ’11 has been an all-around contributor for the Elis this season, and is the only player in the Ivy League to rank in the top-10 in rebounds (eighth), field goal percentage (seventh), steals (10th), blocked shots (fifth) and assists (seventh). She is also the only Bulldog to have started all 18 games this season, and has recorded three double-doubles this season.

Both games begin at 7 p.m. at the John J. Lee Amphitheater.