After losing 5–4 in a hard-fought match to No. 2 Trinity last Wednesday, the women’s squash team looks to rebound Saturday when it travels to No. 7 Princeton.

Currently ranked No. 4 in the nation, the Bulldogs (8–2, 2–1 Ivy) are in need of a victory against the Tigers (3–2, 2–1 Ivy) in order to vie for a top spot in the Ivy League. Although the Elis defeated Princeton 7–2 during the Ivy Scrimmages on Nov. 7, head coach David Talbott said Princeton has improved since then.

“The Princeton team that we are going to play this upcoming weekend is much better than the team we played [in November],” Talbott said. “The fact that we beat them definitely gives us some confidence, but I believe that it will be a 5–4 match either way.”

Talbott said he thinks the Tigers are now a more competitive team for two reasons: seniors Amanda Siebert and Neha Kumar. Siebert and Kumar, who were inactive during the Ivy Scrimmages due to injuries, have returned to Princeton’s lineup at the No. 1 and No. 4 spots, respectively.

Yale has taken a focused approach in preparing for the rejuvenated Princeton team, as the Elis took a trip this past weekend for a training session that most college players do not have the opportunity to experience.

“Our girls went down to Greenwich, [Conn.,] on Friday night to play with several players on the professional tour,” Talbott said. “They got to watch some great matches and see where the professionals put the ball in certain situations. Watching was certainly just as important as playing [with the professionals], so the combination of both was good for the girls.”

The Elis saw the experience as a chance to learn and improve their skills before the Princeton match. Caroline Reigeluth ’11 said the weekend was also an opportunity to reflect and move past the Trinity loss.

“Even though we came up a bit short [against Trinity], we were really happy with the way we played collectively,” Reigeluth said. “A loss is always hard, but we were able to take the positives from it. We feel really confident going into the match against Princeton, especially if we play like we did against Trinity.”

The match is slated to begin at 12 p.m. at the Jadwin Squash Courts in Princeton, N.J.