Fans of Blue State Coffee on Wall Street can now get a shot of punk rock while sipping their morning lattes — and for a good cause.

Since last month, the coffee shop has been selling its punk rock CD, “A State of Blue,” in support of community organizations in Rhode Island, where Blue State’s flagship branch is located. The album features punk rock bands from the Providence, R.I., area, and Blue State — which regularly donates 5 percent of its sales to progressive local and national causes — is giving 100 percent of the CD’s proceeds to the Fund for Community Progress, a Providence-based coalition of 27 Rhode Island non profits, Blue State Coffee owner Andrew Ruben ’11 said.

Ruben said a Blue State employee had the idea to produce the CD in 2007 and that the business undertook the enterprise because it was for a good cause. Although he said he did not know the exact amount, between sales at Blue State’s Providence and New Haven locations, the CDs have raised “several thousand dollars” for the Fund, he said.

Blue State has been selling the 11-track CD at its Rhode Island location since 2007 but only recently put its remaining inventory on sale at the New Haven location, he said.

“We reprinted a ton thinking they’d sell [in Providence] but they didn’t — that’s why we moved them here,” Ruben said. “In the New Haven store are the last CDs that we have — we began selling them here when everyone who wanted one in Providence already bought one.”

Ruben said he did not know the exact number of CDs remaining, but he estimated that there are “several hundred” left. In order to get rid of the stock, Ruben said the price of the albums has been lowered from the original $15 to $5.

Several New Haven Blue State employees interviewed said they “knew very little” about the CDs being on sale in New Haven, and employee Ryan Ourada said the coffee shop is not doing much to promote the CDs since they are a new addition.

Five students at Blue State on Wednesday said they had not noticed the albums. Though four of these five said they support the concept, none said they would purchase the album.

“I guess I could support the cause,” Sakari Deichsel GRD ’11 said. “But I’m not too into punk rock.”

The artists featured on the album — all of whom are based in Rhode Island — include “Rash of Stabbings,” “Hope Anchor,” “von Doom” and “The Brimstone Assembly.”

CLARK XUE