The Elis (7–0, 3–0 Ivy) swept Bates 9–0 Friday before taking down Ivy rival Cornell 9–0 Saturday morning. The Bulldogs also defeated Northeastern’s club team 9–0 Saturday afternoon, but the game did not count for conference play because Northeastern is not a varsity team.

The No. 4 Bulldogs dominated No. 12 Bates, winning eight of their nine matches in straight sets, 3–0.

“Of course, we take all matches seriously and prepare for them the same,” Sharyar Aziz ’10 said. “We knew it was another opportunity to go out and sharpen up. It wasn’t really a tough match.”

Kenny Chan ’13, who is having a standout rookie season with five wins in the No. 1 position, soundly defeated Bates’s Kush Mahan 11–4, 11–2 and 11-3.

The next day, the Elis passed their first true test of the season with flying colors when they swept Cornell, beating the Big Red 3–0 in six of the nine matches decided.

“Cornell was a tough team, and we knew that going in,” Aziz said. “They were going to push us from top to bottom.”

Rusty Feldman ’10 added, “Last year we beat them 5–4 — that’s basically as close as it gets. This year we knew they were gunning for us.”

Chan and fellow freshman Hywel Robinson ’13 stood out at No. 1 and 3, respectively.

“Chan was sliding around the court and diving everywhere,” Feldman said. “He’s always a fan favorite and definitely one of the more entertaining matches of the game. Also, Robinson pretty much frustrated his opponent with his fitness.”

On Saturday afternoon, the Bulldogs took down Northeastern’s club team, with all matches won in straight sets.

On Wednesday, Yale is hoping to use the momentum from this weekend against Trinity, who own the longest winning streak in college sports history at more than 200 consecutive matches.

“Trinity is as big as it gets,” Feldman said. “They’re the most dominant in college squash Sometimes it’s hard to even comprehend how good they are. We need to try not to be intimidate by the winning streak and all of the glory and just believe that we’re talented enough.”

The tough stretch continues next weekend when the Elis will take on their perennial Ivy League rivals, Princeton. All season, the Bulldogs have had their eyes set on the Ivy League title, and according to Mike Maruca ’11, the Tigers are their main obstacles.

“While Trinity is going to be hard for us, the biggest match for us all season was always Princeton,” Aziz said. “Everything up until now is encouraging, but by no means are we satisfied yet. Up until now we haven’t achieved our ultimate goal.”

The Bulldogs will take on Trinity on Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the Brady Squash Center.