The Yale women’s track team curtailed its winter break early, returning to Yale to compete against 15 other teams at the 28th Intercollegiate Track Classic this past Saturday. The unscored meet, held at Yale’s Coxe Cage, was the second of the season for the Bulldogs and provided a chance for them to test their preparedness as they head into scored meets.

“It’s the sort of meet to really just get a feel for where each person is individually and where we are as a team,” said Stephany Reaves ’10. “Most of the sprinters hadn’t competed since September, and we had a lot of people who were injured last year. We were pretty happy with how it went.”

The team showed its depth in the relays, fielding two teams for the distance medley relay and three in the 4×400-meter. The distance medley relay, where the first runner runs 1200 meters, the second 400, the third 800 and the anchor 1600, featured the first place “A” team of Anne Lovelace ’12, Erika Mansson ’13, Tori Flannery ’13 and Stephanie Pearl ’10. The “B” team finished third and consisted of Elizabeth Marvin ’13, Reaves, Celia Stockwell ’11 and Nihal Kayali ’13.

In the 4×400-meter Yale’s “A” team finished fourth and included Faith Briggs ’10, Claudia Duncan ’10, Annalies Gamble ’13 and Kate Grace ’11. The “B” and “C” teams finished ninth and 11th, respectively. The 4×800-meter team of Duncan, Flannery, Grace and Eve King ’11 also came in fourth in its race.

“Nihal Kayali ran a stellar lead off 1200 meter leg in the distance medley relay,” said Alexandra Cadicamo ’10. “We are excited to watch [the freshmen] grow and excel along with the rest of the team over the course of the season.”

Cadicamo finished first in the 3000-meter run with a time of 10:04.77, while teammates Pearl, Jennifer Downing ’12 and Phoebe Gaston ’13 finished third, ninth and 13th, respectively. Erin O’Shea ’13 was 13th in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:28.14, closely followed by Caitlin Hudson ’13, 14th in 2:29.05. Liya Assefa ’11 finished seventh in the mile run with a time of 5:19.47.

Rounding out the running events, Adele Jackson-Gibson ’13 was ninth in the 60-meter dash in a time of 7.77, and Alexa Monti ’12 finished 14th in 7.93.

“It wasn’t the kind of meet where we were breaking records,” said Briggs. “But it was a good indicator of where we are and where we will be later on this season, which was really exciting to see.”

In the field events Yale also had a large contingent of competitors. Jenna Poggi ’13 finished second in the pole vault with a jump of 3.35m while Eva Uribe ’11 was sixth with 2.75m. King placed fifth in the high jump with 1.55m and 10th, while Emily Standish ’11 was seventh with 1.50m. King also finished 10th in the long jump with 4.91m.

Micha’le Simmons ’12 was ninth in the triple jump (9.80m), while Rachel Kuschner ’11 finished ninth in both the weight throw, with 11.33m, and the shot put (9.56m). Also competing in the weight throw were Antonia Renker ’13 (12th with 10.23m) and Emily Anderberg ’13 (15th with 9.80m).

Yale’s next meet on Jan. 23 in Hanover, N.H., against Dartmouth and Columbia will be its first scored one of the season.

“We’ve got about seven weeks until our Heptagonal (Ivy League) championships, so we have a chance to get to work and focus in where we need to so we can run, jump,and throw to our potential when we get there,” said Cadicamo.