For many Elis obsessively checking yale.edu/sis for their fall semester marks, the despondent bulldog on the landing page just about reflects their mood when they come up empty. Many grades have yet to be posted. Are you still waiting? Tell us below, and we’ll check with the registrar after the holiday about the possible delay.

UPDATE: Tuesday, Dec. 29, 8:35 p.m. The Registrar’s Office for the Faculty of Arts and Sciences is closed until Monday, Jan. 4, University Registrar Jill Carlton said in an automated e-mail message. According to the Yale College Instructors’ Handbook, term grades for the fall semester are due by Monday at 5 p.m.

UPDATE: Sunday, Jan. 3, 11:25 p.m. Carlton said in an e-mail to the News that there is no delay in posting fall semester grades to Student Information Systems. In fact, compared to last year’s numbers, professors are slightly ahead: as of 8 p.m. on Dec. 29, 2009, the Registrar’s Office had received 8,566 grades — almost 1,000 more than the office had received by Dec. 29, 2008, Carlton said.

The Registrar’s Office is regularly updating SIS with new data, and there have been no technical problems with the system so far, she added. Professors have until 5 p.m. on Jan. 4 to submit grades, and the Registrar’s Office will send reminder e-mails to faculty who miss the deadline.

Lauren Rosenthal contributed reporting.

YALE DAILY NEWS