I initially questioned the presence of a Disney play on The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien, which traditionally caters to an older audience. However, “Step in Time” from Mary Poppins delivered to the adults with its choreography, costumes, and powerful vocals. The chimney sweeps were the defining element of the tune; their energetic dancing across the stage provided color to an otherwise drab costume. At one point, a chimney sweep walked across the ceiling in a not-well-concealed harness. However, the transfer of the set to the late-night stage was impressive, given the shortness of the performance.

(Disney and Cameron Mackintosh produce Mary Poppins. This Broadway adaptation of the 1964 film and popular book series is showing at the New Amsterdam Theater in New York on 42nd Street and 7th Avenue.)

And on The Late Show with David Letterman, Weezer failed to please with “(If You’re Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To.” The band was clearly making an attempt to revive the sound of such hits as “Beverly Hills” and “Island in the Sun.” But that attempt proved unsuccessful as the lead singer, Harvard graduate Rivers Cuomo, struggled with his vocals while wearing a youthful ensemble that failed to disguise his age.

The band’s new album, “Raditude” was released on November 3.