After Yale’s loss at The Game, a photograph of H-back John Sheffield ’10 — kneeling on the field of the Yale Bowl, helmet off, in front of a pack of celebrating Cantabs — placed second in the Bud Light Freeze Frame Image of the Week poll on ESPN.com.

But all was not lost. Though this year’s Harvard-Yale football game was a painful defeat for the Bulldogs, not all of last weekend’s Harvard-Yale games were a disappointment: Yale Quidditch beat Harvard 60–0, and Yale women’s rugby beat Harvard 25–7.

A virtual victory, to boot. Yale triumphed in the 2009 GoCrossCampus Championship, an online Risk-like strategy game among Ivy League schools. An alliance between Yale and Cornell led the latter to runner-up status. Harvard finished last.

YPD has the last word. The Crimson published two articles on its FlyByBlog glorifying both the superior tailgate experience and the phenomenon known as “naked parties.” Though both Elis and Cantabs had varying assessments of the weekend’s bacchanalia, Yale Police Sgt. Jay Jones told the Crimson, “It’s pretty tame,” adding, “It’s Ivy League.”

A New Haven Thanksgiving. Students who stayed on campus over break were treated to Thanksgiving feasts by their colleges at venues ranging from the Omni Hotel to masters’ houses. Davenport students were given cash to fund their festivities.

Swine on the decline? The number of swine flu cases on college campuses nationwide has decreased in recent weeks, according to the American College Health Association. New numbers will be released today by the Centers for Disease Control, but the association said the data suggest that the first wave of swine flu may have ebbed.

Holidays debut in style. Yalies can enjoy the Elm City’s first-ever window wonderland with displays set up by local retailers. There are also horse-drawn carriage rides and free pictures with Santa Claus at the Yale Bookstore between 5 and 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.

It’s gold. The 2008 renovation of Paul Rudolph Hall, designed by Gwathmey Siegel & Associates Architects, was awarded LEED-Gold certification this month for its environmental sustainability.

This day in Yale history

1945 Yale students gathered at Timothy Dwight College for a pep rally to kick off the first post-war Harvard-Yale Game weekend. Other events included a Harvard-Yale debate on whether “the secret of the atomic bomb” should be turned over to the UN.