Even though the football team lost to Princeton on Saturday, Yalies got their virtual revenge on GoCrossCampus, defeating Princeton in the popular online version of Risk to clinch first place in the current standings.

Get your Game on. Today marks the start of the Yale College Council’s Spirit Days, a week of school pride and playing dress-up in preparation for The Game on Saturday. Monday’s theme: Old Yale, in all its preppy glory. On Tuesday, students are invited to represent their residential colleges with their favorite fleeces or IM shirts.

Sweet suites. Students hoping to show off their decked-out dorm rooms can enter the Admissions Office’s annual Yale Cribs Competition until Friday. Winning submissions will be featured on the admitted students’ Web site — and become the envy of the class of 2014.

White House counsel Gregory Craig LAW ’72 stepped down from his post Friday, putting to rest months of speculation that he was on his way out. He is the highest-ranking official in the Obama administration to resign his position, in which he focused on the treatment of detainees and the closure of Guantanamo Bay facilities.

Branford is in the eye of the beholder. In his weekly e-mail, sent to students Sunday, Branford College Master Steven Smith declared the recent Yale Dining survey, which looked less than kindly upon his college’s dining hall, to be a “hoax.” “Some people over at the YDN have a wonderful sense of humor!” he exclaimed. According to the survey, Branford’s food satisfaction ranked eighth among the residential colleges.

Glee Club plays to beat the band. In a football match on the New Haven Green on Sunday, the Glee Club triumphed over the Yale Precision Marching Band with a final score of 5–2, proving that singers can play sports, too.

The Glee Club was riding high, having just returned from Princeton, where they, shall we say, “acquired” a big stuffed tiger that their Old Nassau counterparts had used in a performance.

Starting this past Saturday, Connecticut residents are required to dial an area code for all local calls made with home or cell phones. Internal Yale numbers with five digits remain unaffected by the changes.

This day in Yale history

2001 The Yale Angler’s Journal held a Swedish Fish eating contest in Linsly-Chittenden Hall. The winner, Virgil Calejesan ’02, gobbled 325 of the candies in 13 minutes to take home a prize of $50 and a stomach full of 2,395 calories.